We are pleased to announce preparations for the 2018 SouthEast LinuxFest (our 10th anniversary!) are complete! Buckle up:
– Call for speakers is now open with a deadline to submit of 11:59 PM ET Friday April 20th.
– We have a special 10th Anniversary Survey, would you please consider taking it? Results will be presented in a keynote this year.
– The prospectus and call for sponsors is now open!
– Our 2018 Propaganda is now up.
Speaking Tracks Confirmed:
– Zero To DBA (Friday and Saturday all day)
– /dev/random (Saturday all day)
– (More TBD)
– One of the keynotes at SELF 2018 will be SELF’s original President, Dave Yates.
– Ask Noah will be doing a special live broadcast at SELF.
– We are thrilled to announce a tentative TLLTS reunion show at SELF. Exactly who from TLLTS is top secret and TBD, but we tentatively expect most of the crew there, and are considering crowd funding to get everybody in one place again.
– Ham Radio License Exams and an Exam Cram will happen again this year at SELF. They will again be free through Laurel VEC.
– Geeks With Guns will again return to SELF this year. We are currently working on getting some, ahem, “special” equipment to use at the range for our 10th anniversary. Given that Geeks With Guns has sold clear out every year, we’re going to make the leap and DOUBLE the attendance cap for Geeks With Guns this year. And the cost of admission will include some rounds in any “special” equipment we’re able to obtain.
– The Fiber Track will RETURN to SELF 2018! Being the awesome people that they are, they have already published a schedule.
– The GPG Key Signing will be returning again at SELF 2018.
– Based upon the overwhelming popularity last year, the LAN Party is returning and we are seeking your input in the 10th Anniversary Survey as to what game(s) we should play this time.
– We will again have a conference party on Friday and Saturday night. By default the party is open only to supporting attendees, staff, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers. If sponsored, the party becomes open to the public and aforementioned groups get in one hour early. The party will have, as usual, a selection of wine, distillates, and beer exclusively from craft makers throughout the southeast. This year will feature a top shelf tasting open only to the aforementioned groups on Friday night. The Friday night party has already been sponsored by Linode.
– There is at least one, and likely to be at least two, major open source projects doing bug bounties at SELF where you will get paid per fixed big. The projects doing this will likely not be announced until the event to give everybody a fair start.
– The Internet Civil Engineering Institute will hold their annual meeting as part of SELF.
Last but not least, the videos are being released onto YouTube. Be sure to subscribe to our channel or follow us on Twitter to be updated with each release as they’ll be coming every day for a little while.